FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE | Monday, February 27, 2023
Santa Rosa, CA — Nation’s Finest — a 50-year old non-profit providing housing, mental health support, case management, and job training services to Veterans and their families — announces the extension of the submission deadline for its “Nation’s Finest 50” Award, recognizing 50 people who have gone above and beyond in their support of Veterans.
Nominations will now be accepted until March 10, 2023. The announcement with the 50 recipients will be made Memorial Day 2023, with a live Awards event to follow.
Nominees can be the unsung heroes who’ve worked quietly behind-the-scenes; well-known celebrities who, like nominees Tom Hanks and Elizabeth Dole, leverage their visibility to highlight Veteran causes; generous philanthropists, like nominee MacKenzie Scott, who co-founded Amazon; or Veterans who give back to their community. Nominees can be alive or deceased.
The 50 recipients will be selected by a prestigious Blue Ribbon Panel that includes:
- Koby Langley: Chair of the “Nation’s Finest 50” Committee; Senior Vice President at the American Red Cross; two-tour Veteran and recipient of the Bronze Star
- Marybel Batjer: Partner, CA Strategies
- Gerry Byrne: Vice Chairman, Penske Media Corporation
- Richard W. “Dick” Cook: Former Chair, Walt Disney Studios
- Eric Eversole: President, Hiring Our Heroes, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Matthew Freedman: CEO, Global Impact Inc.
- Shannon Gerber: Executive Director, The Home Depot Foundation
- MG James A. “Spider” Marks: President, The Marks Collaborative; 30-year Army Veteran
- Kathy Roth-Douquet: Co-Founder and CEO, Blue Star Families
- Marcellus Wiley: NFL All-Pro Athlete and staple in the sports entertainment industry
For press inquiries or interview requests, please contact:
Tammy Stoner, Communications
At Nation’s Finest, our mission is to support America’s military Veterans and their families with a comprehensive approach to housing, health, and employment that helps them achieve self-sufficiency and reach their full potential. With more than 31 locations in 14 mostly rural communities in California, Arizona, and Nevada, each year we provide critical services and support to more than 7,000 Veterans and their families. Our facilities are staffed by a diverse, professional, and talented group of individuals who are committed to serving all Veterans in a respectful and positive way. Visit www.nationsfinest.org or call 1-833-468-9676.
Make sure you’re following Nation’s Finest on social media!